- 40% oil-modified urethane finish.
- Perfect for gym floors, racquetball courts, dance floors and other wood surfaces.
- Non-yellowing, high shine formula resists scuffs, rubber marks and dirt penetration.
- MFMA approved – meets all specifications set for Group 3 products.
- Type – Oil-Modified Polyurethane
- Form – Clear Liquid
- Odor – Characteristic Urethane
- Color – Light Amber
- Weight per Gallon – 7.16 Lbs.
- pH – N/A
- Floor Solids – 40%
- Coverage – Up To 500 Sq. Ft. Per Gallon (12 m2 per liter)
- Slip-Resistance – UL Classified
- V.O.C. Content – < 515 gm/l
* Properties are typical and subject to usual manufacturing tolerances.
Recoating: For wooden floors that have been previously finished, clean away water-soluble soil by damp mopping or wet scrubbing and allow to dry. Do not allow water to penetrate into wood floors. Care must be taken not to warp floor. For best inter-coat adhesion, abrade floor to remove black marks. Apply a waterless cleaner onto floor with wet mop 3-5 minutes ahead of stripping, using the rotary floor machine and black wax stripping pad or screen disc. Move machine at the pace of a slow walk in full head passes overlapping 1-2 inches. Tack rag with waterless cleaner to remove dust particles. To increase efficiency of tack rag process, use an E-Z Way™ Applicator to continuously feed cleaner to tack rag. Finish may be applied with E-Z Way, lambs’ wool, or spray.
For Using E-Z Way™ Applicator:
- Move at a slow walk.
- Allow 2 inch puddle in front of applicator head.
- Overlap each pass approximately 4-5 inches.
- Angle applicator head allowing excess finish to trail off on the side toward the unfinished floor. Excess can be leveled on next pass. After application, be sure to clean equipment thoroughly for next use.
Freshly Sanded or Fully Stripped Floors: If chemically stripped, scrub with a waterless cleaner to remove stripper residue. Pick up solution with wet-dry vac or mop. Screen with No.100 Grit Adhesive Screen to smooth raised grain of wood. Tack rag and apply one coat of finish. When dry, screen again with 100 Grit Adhesive Screen and tack rag. Apply court lines, if desired. When dry, screen lines lightly with 120 Grit and apply a minimum of two additional coats of finish.
Coverage and Dry Time: Approximately 500 sq. ft. per gallon, depending on floor texture and porosity. Can be recoated when dry, approximately 5-10 hours, depending on humidity and temperature. If recoating after 24 hours, burnish between coats. Floor can be open to normal traffic in 24 hours. Athletic sports floors: 72 hours to 7 days for extra hard use.
** See label directions and MSDS for complete usage and safety instructions.
- Under high humidity and high temperatures, dry times for 40% Gym Finish will vary greatly. Do not apply a second coat if the first coat is still tacky.
- If tacking floor with water or a water-based compound, allow 4 hours of dry time before finish application.