- 35% oil-modified urethane seal.
- Provides an outstanding foundation for game lines and finish coats.
- Perfect for gym floors, racquetball courts, dance floors and other wood surfaces.
- MFMA approved – meets all specifications set for Group 1:O products.
- Type – Oil-Modified Polyurethane
- Form – Clear Liquid
- Odor – Characteristic Urethane
- Color – Light Amber
- Weight per Gallon – 7.05 Lbs.
- pH – N/A
- Floor Solids – 35%
- Coverage – Up To 500 Sq. Ft. Per Gallon (12 m2 per liter)
- V.O.C. Content – < 550 gm/l
- Slip-Resistance – UL Classified
* Properties are typical and subject to usual manufacturing tolerances.
This oil-modified sanding sealer provides an outstanding foundation for game lines and finish coats. It applies easily, is low in color, dries fast and sands without difficulty.
PREPARATION: For best results follow all label directions carefully. Be sure the floor is free of any contaminants such as oil, silicone, wax, fillers and dust.
NEW OR FRESHLY SANDED FLOORS: Final screen the floor using 120 grit screens (250 sq. ft. per side). Sweep and then vacuum until all dust is removed. Tack mop using Waterless Cleaner until towels used are no longer picking up dust. Allow the floor to dry for one hour. (For best results, wait 12 hours after tacking and re-tack the floor prior to sealing. This allows all the dust to fully settle).
Apply the first coat of the sealer at 350-500 sq. ft. per gallon. Allow the floor to dry between 5-10 hours. When dry, repeat screening and tacking procedures and apply a second coat of seal.
After second coat is dry, abrade the floor, tack well and apply game lines if desired.
FINISH APPLICATION: Once the second coat of sealer and game lines is abraded and tacked, apply two to three additional coats of Essential oil-modified finish such as High Solids Gym Finish, 40% Gym Finish or a water-based finish such as Sport Kote®.
** See label directions and MSDS for complete usage and safety instructions.
- Under high humidity and high temperatures, dry times for OMU Wood Seal will vary greatly. Do not apply a second coat if the first coat is still tacky.
- If tacking floor with water or a water-based compound, allow 4 hours of dry time before finish application.